IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Miami Show and Sale 2013
From: "Betsy Feuerstein" <ecuador10 at comcast.net> on 2013.09.23 at 22:19:12(22918)
I, as one who showed up at this year’s show and sale, want to thank all of those dedicated members and helpers who put on such a fun show. Yes, we were in the outside under the tent and it was hot and humid as only Miami can do, except here in Memphis in July and August, but the show was delightful and fun. I saw old friends and found new plants….of course. The auction was a total hoot. If one comes to the show for just the auction, it is well worth the charge to go to the banquet and add to that the food was delicious. We had so many plants up for auction, some of us thought we would be there long after midnight, but between Tom Croat and Tom Moore of the team of ‘Tom and Tom’ the auction went along so fast and furious at times when one thought the auction plant had been purchased, all of a sudden when someone lagged on their response, there it went again with even more raised for IAS. There were really neat plants up for auction this year. I suspect but do not know, that there were several hundred plants that went home to new homes this year. All I can say about all those who helped and those who gave plants for the auction, and all those who hauled plants in for the show and those who brought plants for the member’s table sale, I owe them a great deal of gratitude for all of their efforts. Can’t forget those who bought plants at the auction for their support of IAS. Oh, I forgot the vendors………. Well they cost me a huge dime and I had a great time. Now I have all sorts of potting to do. I thank you all for all of your efforts and kindness and helpfulness. You did one heck of a good JOB!!!!! If next year is half as good as this year which we know it will be, anyone who shows up will have a fantastic time. Nothing like being with old friends, internet friends and those we have heard about in Aroids….there is just nothing like it.

Betsy Feuerstein

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.