IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Amorphophallus discophorus - offsets, bulbils ?
From: "StroWi at t-online.de" <StroWi at t-online.de> on 2013.10.31 at 08:04:51(22923)
Amorphophiles,

would someone know if A. discophorus propagates itself by offsets or
bulbils?

+More
From: Albert Huntington <amasakih at gmail.com> on 2013.11.04 at 16:24:01(22926)
Folks,

I don't know about A. discophorus, but I have made the file available on the genera database on aroid.org under Amorphophallus, as well as updating the growing notes a bit. Please see http://www.aroid.org/genera/amorphophallus

There has been a lot of speculation as to the original authorship of this file. As far as we can establish, Tony Avent, Wilbert Hetterscheid and Alan Galloway all contributed to it in the early stages, and it has been a collaborative effort of the community since then. I have secured permission from the original authors to post the latest version, and have also attempted to add a list of contributors and the start of a revision history at the bottom.

If anyone has any additions to the contributor list - or more importantly updates to the spreadsheet, please let me know privately and they will be added.

Thanks to all, and especially Bernhard for getting this started,

--Albert

HTML

+More

From: "D. Christopher Rogers" <branchiopod at gmail.com> on 2013.11.04 at 16:40:25(22928)
Thank you, Albert!!

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 10:24 AM, Albert Huntington wrote:

Folks,

I don't know about A. discophorus, but I have made the file available on the genera database on aroid.org under Amorphophallus, as well as updating the growing notes a bit. Please see http://www.aroid.org/genera/amorphophallus

There has been a lot of speculation as to the original authorship of this file. As far as we can establish, Tony Avent, Wilbert Hetterscheid and Alan Galloway all contributed to it in the early stages, and it has been a collaborative effort of the community since then. I have secured permission from the original authors to post the latest version, and have also attempted to add a list of contributors and the start of a revision history at the bottom.

If anyone has any additions to the contributor list - or more importantly updates to the spreadsheet, please let me know privately and they will be added.

Thanks to all, and especially Bernhard for getting this started,

--Albert

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.