IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Philodendron ID.
From: "John Criswick" <criswick at spiceisle.com> on 2014.01.04 at 17:17:48(22959)

This philodendron is quite often seen cultivated as a pot plant in Grenada. The specimen in the attached photo is juvenile. After this stage it does not alter in form but merely gets bigger. I have not seen any more than 60cm (2 ft) across but I have only seen potted specimens.

Does anyone know what species it is?

John.

HTML

+More

From: Eduardo Gomes Goncalves <edggon at gmail.com> on 2014.01.10 at 12:53:18(22965)
Dear John,
To me it looks like a juvenile Philodendron pinnatifidum. Have you checked this species?

Very best wishes,

Eduardo.

HTML

+More

From: "Tom Croat" <Thomas.Croat at mobot.org> on 2014.01.10 at 15:41:06(22966)
Dear John: I recall a cultivar that was called “pluto” some years back that was similar to your plant.

Tom

HTML

+More

From: "John Criswick" <criswick at spiceisle.com> on 2014.01.11 at 00:02:51(22969)
Dear Tom,

Yes I do recall Pluto and have grown it, but it is quite different, in fact I think it had burgundy colouring.

A friend now writes to say that she thinks she has “my” philodendron and acquired it in both Brazil and Ecuador.

John.

HTML

+More

From: "John Criswick" <criswick at spiceisle.com> on 2014.01.11 at 00:05:08(22970)
Dear Eduardo,

You may very well be right, as the same thought has occurred to me. I have both plants and we will only have to wait and see if you are right.

John.

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.