IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Opportunities for botanical exploration in Ecuador
From: Jason Hernandez <jason.hernandez74 at yahoo.com> on 2014.12.14 at 04:06:01(23178)
Okay, Aroiders,

A couple years ago, I visited a relatively new Reserve in coastal Ecuador, in the transition zone between the extremely wet Chocó region and the extremely arid Peruvian coast, in the Jama-Coaque Mountains, between Pedernales and Jama, in the province of Manabí. This is a relatively unexplored region biologically: while I was there, we found reptiles not known to occur in the region, thus representing a range expansion, and a prior researcher found undescribed amphibian species. My initial, informal survey revealed a diversity of Aroids, but I was not equipped to make a proper study, and in any case I arrived as the blooming season was ending. But I know we have botanists among us whose life work is exploring for biodiversity and describing new species, so, in case there is interest in doing a proper survey of this Reserve, I here quote in full the reply letter I just received to my inquiry:

Hi Jason,

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.