IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

ID please..... not Amorphophallus
From: "StroWi at t-online.de" <StroWi at t-online.de> on 2015.06.27 at 10:11:46(23439)

Aroiders,

a member of our forum got some Amorphophallus tubers...

After the first one sprouted it does't look like an Amorphophallus at all.....

Any suggestions?

Please see:

http://www.amorphophallus-forum.de/was-bin-ich-was-bin-ich/amorphophallus-f26/t5587-f17/

Happy id-ing, Bernhard.

HTML

+More

From: Peter Boyce <phymatarum at gmail.com> on 2015.06.28 at 05:13:50(23440)
Berhnard,

My suggestion would be either Typhonium or Sauromatum. Given the very late emergence I would suggest Sauromatum giganteum.

P.

HTML

+More

From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter at xs4all.nl> on 2015.06.28 at 05:30:51(23441)
Wahrscheinlich bist du Sauromatum giganteum (bislang bekannt als Typhonium
giganteum).......

Translation: probably you are Sauromatum giganteum (formlerly known as

+More
From: "StroWi at t-online.de" <StroWi at t-online.de> on 2015.06.29 at 17:04:30(23443)
Thx Lord P. and P.

this was suggested by a forum member as well..... and I should have recognized this as a possibility since I grow lots of T. or (renamed) S. giganteum...

However, Ken (Mosher) wrote me offlist that he can't remember opening S. giganteum it's leaf that way.

Unfortunately there is no pic of the tuber; I guess T. giganteum can be recognized by the shape of the tuber; e.g. oblong, quite round at the top end etc.

We'll see how the plant develops...

Breg, Bernhard.

+More
From: Ken Mosher <ken at spatulacity.com> on 2015.07.01 at 03:50:02(23444)
Yikes, I'm not worthy of being mentioned in the same email as Wilbert
and Peter!

My reservation was because I couldn't see the petiole-end of the leaf

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.