IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Unknown aroid in the Bot Garden Bochum, Germany
From: "StroWi at t-online.de" <StroWi at t-online.de> on 2015.10.29 at 20:22:11(23495)

Aroiders,

could someone know or suggest what spec. is shown in the picture in post #1 here:

http://www.amorphophallus-forum.de/unbekannter-zwerg-was-bin-ich/amorphophallus-f26/t5433-f17/#post37248

on English:

http://www.amorphophallus-forum.de/index.php?page=TranslatedThread&threadID=5433&languageCode=en

Happy id-ing, Bernhard.

HTML

+More

From: Bobby McGehe <bobbymcgehe at bellsouth.net> on 2015.10.29 at 21:06:20(23496)
Gonatopus angustus

International Aroid Society

International Aroid Society
Sorry ... species page not available. Unfortunately, you've found a dead link in the IAS genera database. Please let Albert Huntington know how you got here so he c...

View on www.aroid.org

Preview by Yahoo

HTML

+More

From: Bobby McGehe <bobbymcgehe at bellsouth.net> on 2015.10.29 at 21:14:15(23497)
http://www.aroid.org/genera/speciespage.php?genus=gonatopus&species=angustus

HTML

+More

From: Bobby McGehe <bobbymcgehe at bellsouth.net> on 2015.10.29 at 23:08:37(23498)
Sorry guys for the additional posts. I only posted twice as the first link was wrong!

Bobby

HTML

+More

From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter at xs4all.nl> on 2015.10.31 at 10:44:18(23499)

It is indeed Gonatopus angustus (syn. G. rhizomatosus). This must be a child of the Munich clone (as on the IAS website) that deviates considerably from many others of the species in having very short and broad leaflets, whereas more typically the leaflets are narrow lanceolate to even almost linear.

Cheers,

Wilbert

HTML

+More

From: "StroWi at t-online.de" <StroWi at t-online.de> on 2015.10.29 at 22:23:25(23500)

Thanks Bobby,

this was indeed discussed in the forum as a possibilty.

However, the one who asked for the id strengthend the point that this specimen is only about 6 inch (15 cm) tall and is growing in that manner for years now.

It has flowered years ago bur unfortunatly no photo was taken.

He had the impression from pics inthe web that G. angustus is taller.

rgds, Bernhard.

HTML

+More

From: Bobby McGehe <bobbymcgehe at bellsouth.net> on 2015.10.31 at 16:28:50(23501)
Mine has never been taller than 4 inches.

On Saturday, October 31, 2015 12:08 PM, "StroWi@t-online.de" wrote:

Thanks Bobby,

this was indeed discussed in the forum as a possibilty.

However, the one who asked for the id strengthend the point that this specimen is only about 6 inch (15 cm) tall and is growing in that manner for years now.

It has flowered years ago bur unfortunatly no photo was taken.

He had the impression from pics inthe web that G. angustus is taller.

rgds, Bernhard.

HTML

+More

From: "StroWi at t-online.de" <StroWi at t-online.de> on 2015.11.01 at 09:47:59(23502)

Dear Wilbert,

thanks for the clarification and then hint on the leaf shape.

Those points let the two guys from Bochum doubt hat it might be G. angustus.

They are the youngest members of the gardeners team in Bochum and all they know is that the plant is labeled as G. boivinii and that it came from the Bot. Garden Heidelberg.

I will update them with your info....

Groetjes, Bernhard.

HTML

+More

From: "StroWi at t-online.de" <StroWi at t-online.de> on 2015.11.01 at 09:35:27(23503)

No problem (at least with me) - thanks for your contribution - keeps the list alive... ;-)

HTML

+More

From: Susan B <honeybunny442 at yahoo.com> on 2015.11.02 at 03:37:37(23505)

Mine gets pretty tall, but it has never flowered.

HTML

+More

From: "StroWi at t-online.de" <StroWi at t-online.de> on 2015.11.02 at 11:48:54(23506)

Thanks, Bobby - I'll forward that information.....

Thanks to Susan as well !

Happy growing, Bernhard.

HTML

+More

From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter at xs4all.nl> on 2015.11.02 at 15:29:05(23509)
Hi Bernard,

The connection to Heidelberg is there. My “Munich clone” also has a deeper history in Heidelberg and is almost certainly a collection by Werner Rauh but none of the Heidelberg databases comes up with something and tells us the whereabouts of their specimen is “unknown”.

I may have to ask Josef Bogner again if his material also originated from Heidelberg.

Van: aroid-l-bounces@www.gizmoworks.com [mailto:aroid-l-bounces@www.gizmoworks.com] Namens StroWi@t-online.de
Verzonden: zondag 1 november 2015 10:48
Aan: Discussion of aroids
Onderwerp: Re: [Aroid-l] Fw: Unknown aroid in the Bot Garden Bochum, Germany

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.