IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

looking for A. titanum pollen
From: Nancy Greig <ngreig at hmns.org> on 2016.05.19 at 20:56:38(23613)
Hello fellow aroid lovers,

You may recall that the Houston Museum of Natural Science had an
Amorphophallus titanum bloom in 2010. This year a Houston resident who has a plant in his orchid greenhouse is “loaning” it to us while it is in the blooming phase. We have installed it in the Butterfly Center and expect it to generate a lot of excitement.
The owner is keen to have us try to pollinate his plant when the time comes. So – we are looking for viable pollen. Perhaps some of you have frozen pollen that you would exchange for some of the seeds, if the pollination takes? We would be very grateful!
Unfortunately the timing with the corpse plant at nearby Moody Gardens was just a little off; their plant has already collapsed. So we are seeking a stud from farther afield.

Please let me know if any of you have pollen of Amorphophallus titanum that we could use to attempt to pollinate this plant! I think ours will open sometime mid next week. We will of course pay for shipping, etc. Please contact
me via email (ngreig@hmns.org) rather than phone; it is much easier to get hold of me that way!

Thank you so much!

Cheers,

Nancy Greig

HTML

+More

From: "StroWi at t-online.de" <StroWi at t-online.de> on 2016.05.19 at 22:29:29(23614)

Hi Nancy,

I asked some weeks ago if someone would know what's up with winniorchids; unfortunately no reply; bur you might be luckier....

HTML

+More

From: Walter Greenwood <waltergreenwood at gmail.com> on 2016.05.20 at 19:18:00(23615)
I recently heard on the local NPR station that one was blooming at the Foster arboretum in Honolulu. You might try contacting them.

50 North Vineyard Boulevard

Honolulu, HI 96817

Phone 808-522-7060

email hbg@honolulu.gov

WG
Big Island

HTML

+More

From: Emily Colletti <Emily.Colletti at mobot.org> on 2016.07.07 at 13:45:15(23653)
We here at Missouri Botanical Garden are expecting an Amorphophallus titanum to bloom in the weeks/ days to come. I am also asking for pollen please contact me at
Emily.colletti@mobot .org if you have some of this precious commodity.

Ever so grateful.

Emily

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.