IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

My 2016 Christmas Letter
From: Tom Croat <Thomas.Croat at mobot.org> on 2016.12.21 at 22:50:47(23722)
Thomas B. Croat

P.A. Schulze Curator of Botany

Missouri Botanical Garden

HTML

+More

From: "John Criswick" <criswick at spiceisle.com> on 2016.12.23 at 03:55:46(23724)
Tom, thank you so much for this. How exciting that the next IAS meeting is to be in Cali. I love that city and I love tierra caliente so I doubt I would like Medellin although scenically it is so lovely. Unfortunately I would not be able to attend the meeting in Cali.

Interesting that you were denied a visa to Venezuela. I have not been made aware of a need to obtain a visa to visit Venezuela. Maybe it’s because you are a US citizen and this is a new restriction? Please let me know about this.

As you may probably know, Washington has just informed US citizens in Venezuela that they should leave, or stay at their own risk because they will not be able to offer them assistance.

A good friend of mine who is a US citizen married to a Venezuelan has just returned to his house near Valencia after a period in the US and I have emailed him to say that he must reply to my email or I shall suspect that he has been arrested, and I have heard nothing from him.

John.

HTML

+More

From: ecuador10 at comcast.net on 2016.12.23 at 00:48:59(23725)
Tom, a fascinating letter if I do say so. I am tired just reading about all of your stops and visits and efforts. It does sound like you had really wonderful travels this 2016. No major mishaps seemed to have cropped up and for us who know you, that is a Blessing. Of course, wishing all of you a truly wonderful joyous Christmas and a fantastic 2017. Please say Hi to Pat for me and give the kids and grandkids a hug for me without mention of who I am because they do not know me.

Many thanks, many Blessings and Joy,

Love , Betsy

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.