IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Alocasia cultivar id
From: Jason Hernandez <jason.hernandez74 at yahoo.com> on 2017.07.18 at 15:17:05(23790)
Pictures will be forthcoming soon if I cannot find this online, but with Alocasia being such a popular genus, I thought perhaps a cultivar photo gallery might exist somewhere. I have been gifted an alocasia cultivar, which I am trying to identify. First, I want to determine if it is A. macrorrhizos, A. odora, or something else. Then I can look at pictures of cultivars of the appropriate species.

For now, until I have pictures, here is what I can say. It holds its leaves erect, i.e. apices uppermost. It may be a case of reversion: I have seen the original planting, and the largest plants are distinctly purple, especially on the petioles, but next to them is one plant that shows a broken pattern, partially the same purple, and partially green with rows of purple dots on the petioles. On the other side of the same outdoor structure, all the plants are completely the ''reverted'' form, i.e. green with purple dots, and that is the form I was gifted.

Jason Hernandez

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.