IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Epipremnum Marble Queen / Snow Queen
From: The Silent Seed <tylus.seklos at gmail.com> on 2019.12.14 at 01:14:42(24289)
I would like to know if there is a definitive way to differentiate these two varieties.

Thank you. Jude

--

The Silent Seed

HTML

+More

From: Russ <bluesea14808 at yahoo.com> on 2019.12.14 at 16:40:37(24290)
Hi Jude,

Doing a search, looks like someone put the name Snow Queen on the higher variegated form of Marble Queen. I'm pretty sure I've seen both forms on the same plant, so I think the so-called Snow Queen is just an occasional variation of Marble Queen. To me, they're BOTH Marble Queen.

The Snow Queen name is also applied to plants that look like N'Joy, Pearls and Jade, and the like.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 8:24 PM, The Silent Seed

HTML

+More

From: The Silent Seed <tylus.seklos at gmail.com> on 2019.12.14 at 17:20:18(24291)
Thank you very much Russ! I agree with you. I see both "forms" (ha!) on "both" plants.

I have not seen Snow Queen applied to N'Joy/Glacier/Pearls and Jade, etc, but people will do that these days!

Best, Jude

HTML

+More

From: Russ <bluesea14808 at yahoo.com> on 2019.12.14 at 18:43:04(24292)

Jude, on a Google search of Snow Queen I actually saw more examples of Glacier et al with that name than pics of the Marble Queen type.

By the way, you said you had a form of Dieff Camouflage with only the tiniest of green spots (1). Have you seen this one with a bigger sprinkling and some dots of green (2)? These apparently grow to a huge size.

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.