IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Cultivar lists
From: "Derek Burch" <derek at horticulturist.com> on 2007.04.01 at 11:46:03(15541)
Alistair,

As always your letter gives clear instructions for a path
ahead, and will stir me into action – although that action is most likely
to be a cry for help or relief. This is like so many things, frightening until
I can become immersed in the minutiae – and as you suggest, that
immersion to do the job properly can wait a while if LISTING rather than
REGISTERING is the initial goal.

I had only about twenty names suggested in total from the
last time that I asked for contributions from members – which meant that
I would have to go out hunting for names myself. Not impossible, but even
writing down things that I hear or see at shows needs a certain dedication,
and, to be honest, gingers are my interest, not aroids!

I must digest your two very good letters, and will try to
move ahead on this in the few days before I go off to a two-month contract in UK. Do what I
can in the time …

Regards, Derek

+More
From: "Alistair Hay" <ajmhay at hotmail.com> on 2007.04.04 at 11:07:05(15548)
Derek let me know if I can help!
A

Alistair,

As always your letter gives clear instructions for a path ahead, and will stir me into action ? although that action is most likely to be a cry for help or relief. This is like so many things, frightening until I can become immersed in the minutiae ? and as you suggest, that immersion to do the job properly can wait a while if LISTING rather than REGISTERING is the initial goal.

I had only about twenty names suggested in total from the last time that I asked for contributions from members ? which meant that I would have to go out hunting for names myself. Not impossible, but even writing down things that I hear or see at shows needs a certain dedication, and, to be honest, gingers are my interest, not aroids!

I must digest your two very good letters, and will try to move ahead on this in the few days before I go off to a two-month contract in UK. Do what I can in the time ?

Regards, Derek

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.