IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Joep Moonen
From: Steve at ExoticRainforest.com (ExoticRainforest) on 2008.04.15 at 21:36:41(17395)
I wanted to pass this along to everyone. Many of you have likely never met Joep Moonen, but to several of us he is a dear friend, especially Dr. Croat, Ron Weeks and Julius Boos. Joep and I have been trading email almost daily for nearly two years and although I've never had the chance to shake his hand he is certainly a dear friend to me. He often verifies facts for me for my website as well as furnishing photographs.

If you don't know, Joep is Dutch and runs a center in French Guiana that takes plant and animal nuts into the rain forest of French Guiana, northern Brazil and Suriname. He has quite a few plants named after him including Philodendron moonenii, Anthurium moonenii and the highly sought after Philodenron "joepii" which is not a species but am unusual natural hybrid. Please remember Joep Marijke and Bernie during this tough time for the family.

Steve Lucas

+More
From: chammer at cfl.rr.com (Bluesea) on 2008.04.16 at 00:25:47(17398)
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.gizmoworks.com/mailman/private/aroid-l/attachments/20080415/e11c5a3d/attachment-0001.htm

From: lbmkjm at yahoo.com (brian lee) on 2008.04.16 at 02:26:46(17402)
Dear Steve,

Aloha and mahalo for forwarding news of Joep's stroke.
I am a latter correspondent with Joep, but he has
from the outset been very accommodating to my
questions and comments. He has sent me nice photos of
habitats , plants, and his family...so one gets
attached to his personality very quickly.

Add my best wishes to him and his family to offset
this sad news. I do remain optimistic that he will
have a complete and speedy recovery. I anticipate and
expect that we will have a long and fruitful
friendship via email after he is back to fine form.

Aloha from Hawaii,

Leland Miyano

+More
From: Steve at ExoticRainforest.com (ExoticRainforest) on 2008.04.16 at 10:21:36(17404)
I received this from Marijke this morning. Joep is in the public hospital in Cayenne and does not have a phone. I wanted to try to call him but looks like we can't do that. Some of us are sending flowers so if you wish to send a card or flowers this is the address of the hospital. The address is actually in French Guiana. I also found a service that will send flowers from the United States at a very reasonable price.

http://www.flora2000.com/Shopping/ViewResults.asp?action­d&country=PWtETg%3D%3D

Steve Lucas

+More
From: Steve at ExoticRainforest.com (ExoticRainforest) on 2008.04.16 at 15:47:30(17408)
Certainly will do. His words make you feel like you've known him forever. We have been writing almost daily for close to 2 years and he always sends greetings to Janice and Brad as well as my macaw, which he calls Captain Wizard.

I sent flowers early this morning and will send a note to Marijke telling her they are from all of us!

Steve

+More
From: Steve at ExoticRainforest.com (ExoticRainforest) on 2008.04.17 at 22:57:50(17419)
I asked Marijke earlier today how the "old man" was. You'll understand her response below! It appears he is doing better.

Steve Lucas

+More
From: Steve at ExoticRainforest.com (ExoticRainforest) on 2008.04.22 at 14:44:14(17437)
I received this note this morning from Joep. He is home! I know some of you have been sending messages of support so thanks for your wishes for Joep, Marijke and Bernie!

Steve Lucas

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.