IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays
From: <ju-bo at msn.com> on 2008.12.24 at 10:54:41(18797)
To all my Friends ''out there'' in Aroid-land,

A VERY Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Quanza, a Fantastic Festivus, etc. to ALL of you in whatever manner you celebrate this wonderful time of year.
I hope to have many more contacts with ALL of you in 2009.

Julius and Susan Boos (and little love-dog Lucy)
W.P.B.

HTML

+More

From: "Tropicals" <Tropicals at SolutionsAnalysis.net> on 2008.12.24 at 16:27:41(18798)
To you Julius, Susan, Lucy and all the Aroiders:

Sending an overflowing abundance of blessings to you and those you love.

I am grateful for all the aroid posts, support, education and enthusiasm.

Christian

HTML

+More

From: "Betsy Feuerstein" <ecuador10 at comcast.net> on 2008.12.24 at 16:46:14(18800)
Julius, I wish the same for you in these challenging times. My heart goes out to you with your dilemma. Life sure does present us with challenges along the way. Even with that, be in the moment of Christmas and enjoy the joy of the season.

Betsy

HTML

+More

From: Conrad Fleming <conradfleming at yahoo.com> on 2008.12.24 at 18:54:17(18801)
Well, another year is ending and another takes its place.

Thanks for all your help, amigo.

All the best to you and Susan for the Christmas Season and New Year.

Conrad

HTML

+More

From: brian lee <lbmkjm at yahoo.com> on 2008.12.24 at 20:13:28(18802)
Dear Aroiders in Virtual World,

Aloha and Mele Kalikimaka and Hauoli Makahiki Hou! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Hawaii.

The year has flown by and what a wild ride it has been. I hope this note finds all of you and your plants in an Eden of your own creation. I find solace in looking at my plants growing and blooming and we share that in common.

I second Julius' motion to dicuss aroid related topics in the coming year. That exercise always smoothes the ride for me.

Aloha ("In the presence of the breath of life"),

Leland, Karen,and Carmen(sending virtual licks to Lucy)

+More
From: Conrad Fleming <conradfleming at yahoo.com> on 2008.12.25 at 01:49:15(18803)
Dear Leland,

Yes, another year has gone by. I still cling to my hope that eventually, I may connect with someone, whether in Hawaii, the Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand or wherever, who may have a good collection of habitat-collected forms of Aglaonema. I do believe that there is one or more persons out there with lots of habitat Ags but I must say that that hope, after a year of fruitless trying, is definitely fading. I guess habitat forms of Aglaonema have just quite quickly disappeared from cultivation and it will be impossible to get them propagated and disseminated in cultivation. We'll see.

I was reminded of Hawaii when I visited The Huntington in Pasadena, California a few weeks ago to exchange plants and was able to obtain a vigorous seedling of Hibiscus breckenridgei, one of your endemics. If you ever think there is a chance that I can visit you for a few days in this coming year, please let me know.

Meanwhile, all the blessing of the Christmas Season and New Year, to you and yours.

Conrad

HTML

+More

From: "derek burch" <dburch23 at bellsouth.net> on 2008.12.25 at 02:22:13(18805)
Hey everybody, Happy holidays. And now that that is said - what about some
articles for Aroideana, and/or checking cultivar names.

God, I am so old and crotchety. Derek

+More
From: "Famille FERRY" <jpcferry2 at wanadoo.fr> on 2008.12.25 at 06:13:58(18806)
Joyeux Noël et meilleurs Voeux 2009 à tous !

Bienvenue à Nancy pour le 10ème congrès des Aracées en juillet 2009 !

Geneviève

HTML

+More

From: Conrad Fleming <conradfleming at yahoo.com> on 2008.12.25 at 18:57:49(18808)
Dear Genevieve,

Thank you very much for your plant of Dracontioides, which is flourishing.

All the blesings of the Christmas Season and New year to you and yours.

Conrad

HTML

+More

From: "Famille FERRY" <jpcferry2 at wanadoo.fr> on 2008.12.27 at 18:22:45(18811)
Dear Konrad ,

It's fantastic. That is good news!
Thank you very much for this information.

The best ,

Geneviève

HTML

+More

From: Conrad Fleming <conradfleming at yahoo.com> on 2008.12.29 at 03:26:53(18822)
Thank you again, Genevieve.

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Conrad

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.