IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays
From: Conrad Fleming <conradfleming at yahoo.com> on 2008.12.25 at 01:49:15(18803)
Dear Leland,

Yes, another year has gone by. I still cling to my hope that eventually, I may connect with someone, whether in Hawaii, the Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand or wherever, who may have a good collection of habitat-collected forms of Aglaonema. I do believe that there is one or more persons out there with lots of habitat Ags but I must say that that hope, after a year of fruitless trying, is definitely fading. I guess habitat forms of Aglaonema have just quite quickly disappeared from cultivation and it will be impossible to get them propagated and disseminated in cultivation. We'll see.

I was reminded of Hawaii when I visited The Huntington in Pasadena, California a few weeks ago to exchange plants and was able to obtain a vigorous seedling of Hibiscus breckenridgei, one of your endemics. If you ever think there is a chance that I can visit you for a few days in this coming year, please let me know.

Meanwhile, all the blessing of the Christmas Season and New Year, to you and yours.

Conrad

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.