IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Anthurium angamarcanum and Anthurium marmoratum
From: ExoticRainforest <Steve at exoticrainforest.com> on 2009.02.17 at 14:00:31(19118)
Your help is needed in a littleresearch project several of us are doing together with the assistanceof Dr. Croat. If you have a specimen you have tagged as either Anthuriumangamarcanum or Anthurium marmoratum would you pleasephotograph the following parts of your plant and post them or Aroid l:

1) The adaxial (upper) leaf blade (please note the size of the bladeand age of the plant if you know)
2) The abaxial (lower) leaf blade (please make sure we can see wherethe petiole joins the blade)
3) The petiole (please note the shape and length of the petiole)
4) The stem showing the nodes, internodes and roots if possible. (Please note anything you can such as the color of the roots and themeasurements between the internodes)
5) The inflorescence if at all possible
6) If you know for certain exactly where your plant originated innature that information would be extremely helpful

It is currently Dr. Croat's determination the two species are one andthe same but some recent discrepancies need to be resolved. I will beusing your photos with credit to you to create a special web page so wecan attempt to better determine if these two species are one and thesame or factually different. There are a few plants floating aroundout there with the name A. angamarcanum and/or A.marmoratum that may in fact be unidentified species. Although thenatural variation of these aroid species may be the only differentfactor it is possible some new species have gone unidentified. If yougrow these you may have noticed these species can be observed with bothpendent leaves that are elongated and hang downwards as well as thosewith cordate (heart shaped) leaves. You may be able to help with thisstudy by providing your photos.

Thanks for your help!

Steve Lucas

HTML

+More

From: ExoticRainforest <Steve at ExoticRainforest.com> on 2009.02.18 at 04:13:24(19119)
Sorry about that. Obviously I meantthe measurements between the nodes in #4! If you can't getphotos of everything please post any photos possible. I'm trying togather an overall look of the appearance of the plants that use thisname and if possible try to figure out with Tom's help which might beunidentified species. Any photos you may have of the inflorescence isreally important since some specimens appear to posses aninflorescence that does not match the scientific description.

If you are not familiar with either Anthurium angamarcanum or Anthuriummarmoratum you can read a bit about one of my specimens here: http://www.exoticrainforest.com/Anthurium%20marmoratum%20pc.html

Steve

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.