IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Aroid collections
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Barab=E9_Denis?= <denis.barabe at umontreal.ca> on 2009.04.23 at 10:46:37(19268)
Hi All,

I am presently preparing a talk for an upcoming meeting in Nancy on the use of living collections of Araceae in research (any field of research). I would like to have a good idea of the studies that have been done using living collections of Aroids. I already have some examples of work that has been done at some of the larger botanical gardens. However, I am also interested in finding out about studies that have been conducted at smaller institutions (public or private). If you know of a living collection of Aroids that has been used in research, I would greatly appreciate it if you could answer the following questions and reply directly to me by e-mail.

Sincerely yours,

Denis Barabe

+More
From: Peter Boyce <phymatarum at googlemail.com> on 2009.04.23 at 13:05:33(19270)
Hi Denis,

The collection I amassed while working for Malesiana Tropicals, ca 350
spp, 2400 accessions, and 10,000 plants, is now being moved to our new
research facility at he Botsnicsl Research Centre, Semenggoh. This
collection has been instrumental in underpinning the last 6 years
research output here, including a PhD, two MSC and several undergrad
projects. The collection continues to increase via our field
programme. The collection covers all Bornean aroid genera and in
partcular is exceptionally rich in Schismatoglottideae, Homalomena,
Anandendrum and the Scindapsus coriaceus complex.

If you'd like more detailed overview drop me a line to phymatarum@googlemai l.com

Very best

Peter

+More
From: dburch23 at bellsouth.net on 2009.04.26 at 08:43:26(19283)
Hi Peter,

The editor of Aroideana doesn't have any compunction about reading messages abviously intended for someone else, and thinking that he scents a possible piece on the programme for the next issue (deadline January 15, 2010).. Of course, all contributions gratefully received.

Best, Derek

HTML

+More

From: Peter Boyce <phymatarum at googlemail.com> on 2009.04.26 at 20:24:41(19285)
HiDerek,

Itrust that the message was read in a room lit only by the glow of the computerscreen and a guttering tallow candle artfully placed as to caste a deep shadowover half your face.

I will pen something.....

Hopeall is well with you...

Verybest

Peter

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.