IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Off-TOPIC--Heliconia lourteigiae
From: <ju-bo at msn.com> on 2009.09.19 at 12:49:16(20046)
Dear Friends,

A while ago I was corresponding w/ a young gentleman with whom I first made contact on this forum.   We used to discuss aroids AND other plants (Gingers, Heliconias, Costus, etc.) as he had a wide interest in many plant families.
He travelled down to Fr. Guyane to collect, one of the plants he really wanted to obtain while there was this very rare, minature species of Heliconia.  I do believe he was sucessful.
If at all possible, could he please contact me off-l, I have received a wonderful hard-cover booklet from my friend Joep Moonen (in Fr. Guyane) on some flowering plants from that region, and amongst them are a photo and illus. of this unique, beautiful and minature Heliconia sp.
Any other Heliconia collectors or ''freaks'', please feel free to contact me off-l!

Good Growing,

Julius

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.