IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[aroid-l] TitanWatch 5/03/03 TitanMobile?
From: "Craig Allen" callen at fairchildgarden.org> on 2003.05.03 at 21:38:23(10168)
TitanWatch 5/03/03 TitanMobile?

Today was a very busy day at Fairchild Tropical Garden. Many people came in looking for Mr. Stinky, and there were many more visiting the Bromeliad Show and Sale. That group was very surprised when they happened onto the massive Titan blooms. Most weren't aware of what it was much less being aware that it was about to bloom. I think the Titans have gained some new fans.

I mentioned to some of the visitors that the next pot for Mr. Stinky will have to be custom made, as the current 44" one is the largest that it's manufacturer makes. One of them said he was an engineer and could design and build a container for me in trade for a few of the titan seeds. We'll see. He was describing a high tech container that could even be motorized, but I told him I like the low-tech approach. I can see it now: Mr. Stinky in his TitanMobile, driving around the Garden tram paths stinking up the place.

Better head home I think I'm too tired to think clearly... TitanMobile indeed!

TitanWatch update:

Mr. Stinky - 50 inches

Audrey - 69 inches

Check the Web-cam at" www.ftg.org follow the titan links

Craig M. Allen

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.