IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[aroid-l] Philodendron x evansii
From: "paul spracklin" paul at oasisdesigns.co.uk> on 2003.12.10 at 14:24:28(10890)
Hi List

A very quick hello - I live and garden in the southeastern corner of England and have a passion for subtropical style gardening. Aroids are, it is hardly worth saying, indispensible for this - both hardy and tender ones bedded out for the summer. Unfortunately the climate in most of our country makes growing many of the jungly aroids as returning perennials impossible, in spite of our moderate winters, but they do ok for the frost free months with a winter spent under glass just about frost free.

There is a one I have seen on the 'net that seems to be a particularly easy care plant but it doesn't appear to be in cultivation anywhere in Europe apart from maybe Botanical Gardens - that is Philodendron x evansii.

Does anyone on the list know of a commercial source, preferably one that is prepared to ship to the UK? I saw through the archives that a few years ago someone put these in TC, presumably they still are?

With regards to all

Paul

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.