IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [aroid-l] Anthurium tessmanii
From: "Jorge Lingan" <jorge_lingan at hotmail.com> on 2004.07.29 at 18:03:21(11873)
Hi Joe,
As I know, Anthurium tessmanii K. Krause is now a synonim of Anthurium ernestii Engler, and belongs to Section Pachyneurium (you can find it on Croat ´s publication: Croat, T. 1991. A revision of Anthurium section Pachyneurium (Araceae). Ann. Missouri Bot. Gard. 78).
Here in Peru there are two varieties (is the word right?) of this species: Anthuriumernestii var ernestii and Anthurium ernestii var oellgaardii....I don ´t remember now, but I guess the third variety : Anthurium ernestii var thomasii is only from Bolivia.
One more thing, Anthurium ernestii is a well distributed species (at least here in Peru), we can find it in almost all the departments with amazonian areas...and I think it grows in Ecuador and Bolivia too.
I hope this short information helps you.
Regards,
Jorge Santiago Lingán Chávez
jorge_lingan@hotmail.com
+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.