IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [aroid-l] Monstera albo variegata
From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo at msn.com> on 2004.08.03 at 12:09:36(11912)
>From: Philip Crabb
>Reply-To: aroid-l@lists.ncsu.edu
>To: aroid-l@lists.ncsu.edu
>Subject: [aroid-l] Monstera albo variegata
>Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 14:38:45 -0700 (PDT)
>
>

Dear Philip,
I am NOT 'big' on these var. clones, but from what I know there are at least two different clones/vars. of the varigated Monstera deliciosa, a large one and a var. form of the smaller clone, but this smaller clone may be a juvinile plant of the larger clone. There is a fake 'red' clone (photo shop) on a few sites. The smaller clone seems to have 'cleaner' white stripes, the larger clone can have leaves that have both types of varigation, one leaf w/ the clean white, another w/ the 'cloudy' maculations, another leaf w/ both markings. My 1976 vol. of 'Exotica' has photos showing this, and even lists a juv. plant of this Monstera as "Philodendron" pertusum, an old mistake. The large form was/is available from Albert Merkle`s nursery on Hagen Rance Rd. in Boynton Beach, Florida. I an not sure if ANY of the fancy names are correct or just made-up by the growers/sellers. Photo attachments are not allo!
wed on this list, there is a page on the aroid-l site to post for identifications.
Good Luck, I hope this helps.
Julius

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.