IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[aroid-l] Philodendron stenolobum
From: Philip Crabb <treetrustee at yahoo.com> on 2004.08.14 at 02:42:36(11970)
Hi,

I am strictly a beginner aroid hobbyist with questions about "tree" philodendron growth habit.

A plant that is new to me has suffered damage, and I wonder what the prognosis is.

The newest leaves of twin Philodendron stenolobums had been damaged in this way: the petioles of the leaves were present upon arrival but the blades of the leaves were missing, almost as if they were pinched off. In the week since the 7" pot with the two 15" inch tall plants arrived, the terminal petioles turned from green to yellow to brown, so I cut them back to a half an inch long.

My questions are these: Will the plants grow around this damage and simply produce new leaves sometime soon? Or, does Philo. stenolobum, when damaged at the growing tip, stop growing and produce side shoots?

Thank you,

Phil

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.