IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

RE: [Aroid-l] Synandrospadix fruits
From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo at msn.com> on 2004.10.24 at 14:15:32(12305)
>From: LMassey628@aol.com
>Reply-To: Discussion of aroids
>To: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
>Subject: [Aroid-l] Synandrospadix fruits
>Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 19:04:12 EDT
>

Hello Linda,
Congrats of your fruiting Synandrospadix! This S. American native certainly is a lovely plant! My friend Bobby used to have one of the largest speciens of this plant that I had ever heard of, but it became infected w/ nematodes and quickly declined. His used to bear MANY blooms during the summer months here in S. Florida, and as a consequence it also produced MANY fruits! I do NOT recomend anyone doing what I am about to say I did, but the fruits were so big and juicy, I tasted one and found it to be quite sweet and flavorful. I have reported this 'experiment' on this list some time ago. We cleaned the skin and flesh off the large seeds by washing and the use of a toothbrush, and planted the seeds just 1/2 covered with moist soil, and covered the pot w/ plastic wrap with many small holes/slits poked in it. The pot was kept moist in a warm, well-lit area with NO direc
t sun, and most germinated over a period of about a year, some more quickly than others. I hope that this info. helps. Please keep us informed.
Sincerely,
Julius

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.