IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

RE: [Aroid-l] Amorphophallus tuber planting depth
From: Chipboy5399 at cs.com on 2005.01.02 at 17:07:07(12527)
Hello Michael, my flower also bent over but not till after the flower was totally spent. I blamed it on the really strong winds we had. Mine is outside. After the leaf came up however, it is now winter and get nights down into the low 50's. In there the leaf also bent over but fortuantely it had some support, so it did not bend and totally damaged it. I propped it up and added some soil to the pot. I wrote Dr. Hetterscheid to ask about the problem. I have also gotten a letter from Bryan, and his did the same thing. I was wondering it the plants possible either grew in dense underbrush and used that for support or just naturally grew deeply, more so than most, needing the petiole to have more support from soil. I am hoping that Wilbert can shed some light on this.

Salute'
rick

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.