IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Re: Philodendron List
Dear Peter, your position is irrefuteable. However consider this. The problem is global and as mortals we must do what we must live within our limitations. Here in SW Florida we watch daily prime wetlands succumb to developement. Even with so called mitigation projects there seems to be no appeasing developers and species are yet being lost. That is being repeated all over. As individuals we can help preserve the species we enjoy as our collection. My position is not to restore the vanishing habitats but rather to preserve the species we have. As recently published despite the growing number of aroid species it pales in comparison to plants in general. This means we aroiders can focus on a smaller number of species by propagating. Growing from seeds is exciting and rewarding. . Leadership is fundemental to a programs success and I look forward to that emerging. I invite you and all aroiders to actively do what you
can to make such a program successful. Grow and share, I do. Joe