IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] unknown spadix of an Amorphophallus species and neededcollectional data on Serge Barrier + Jay Vannini who coll.RioYu
From: "Vissers, JMJ" jmj.vissers at dienst.vu.nl> on 2005.03.03 at 07:43:14(12755)
Title: unknown spadix of an Amorphophallus species and needed collectional data on Serge Barrier + Jay Vannini who coll.Rio Yuvineto + Colonia Pibras = Peru

Greetings dear Fellow Aroidellers and plantfriends worldwide.

Please find enclosed a picture of this nice spadix of the unknown Amorphophallus species here flowering at the coll at the BG at www.vu.nl/hortus and

secondly Tom Croat was already so kind to mention the names of Serge Barrier and Jay Vannini but what have they collected in Peru : Rio Yuvineto and

Rio Pibras and who are they. I do know Serge Barrier does work at the Museum de natural History in Paris but who is Jay Vannini and could anyone

of you kind people give me their e-mail addresses. I am off the Peru where I do have a house in Lima and together with Dr.Ricardo Fernandez and the

Aroid expert Jorge Lingan we are going to explore the area but any additional information would be great for making a complete description on all the

natural Aroids from Peru for a sort of short inventory for the Herbarium USM in Lima. So any additional help would be great from all of my aroid friend

worldwide. And there exist a PPP file for anyone interrested,just ask and I will mail it to ye,

with sincerest regards &nbs
p; Hans

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.