IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] amorphophallus identification
From: LMassey628 at aol.com on 2005.05.25 at 01:25:19(12960)
Yesterday afternoon I discovered a bloom on one of my Amorphophallus plants that has never bloomed before. I "nosed" it out while hoping that someone hadn't died under my house.

The bad news for me is that the name tag must have been taken by one of the local birds.

Is there any place where I can post a photo or two and maybe someone can identify it for me ?

After looking through the Amorphophallus issue of Aroideana I think it is A. eichleri. It has one of those wide bowl shaped spathes like eichleri. This morning the spathe was a beautiful chartreuse yellow/green and the spadix seemed white. Now at sunset the spathe seems to be fading to white and the spadix looks pinkish. Anyway it is very beautiful to me and I would like to have a proper name on it. Thanks.

Linda

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.