IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] A. prainii care instructions
From: Ronmchatton at aol.com on 2005.11.11 at 13:21:57(13530)
I find this species very easy to grow......just like A. paeoniifolius. If your plant is a seedling, you can expect it to produce a series of leaves before it enters the first dormant phase. I've had them stay up for two years during this phase. Once the first dormancy sets in, it will establish a growth cycle similar to paeoniifolius, coming up in the late spring when the soil gets warm enough and going down at the end of the growing season. Here in Florida, mine are just now showing early signs of dormancy. At the end of the growing season, I unpot the corm, clean off the soil and inspect the corm, then replant it and let it stay dry until it comes up in the spring. My flowering plants produce leaves between 6 and 8 feet tall. My plants have never produced offsets and flower every year.

Ron McHatton

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.