IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Iron Chef - Amorphophallus konjac
From: Albert Huntington balberth at yahoo.com> on 2005.11.18 at 19:56:36(13547)
I wrote an article on Konnyaku that was in the April edition of the IAS Newsletter. Members can find it in the online archive at aroid.org. There are some recipes and a little history. Konnyaku has a very high fiber content, which I suspect is the basis for many of the health claims. I've always liked it, though I would suppose that it takes some getting used to for some people. It doesn't have a lot of flavor itself, so like tofu, many konnyaku applications let it take on flavors from other foods. My (Japanese) mom always made a stew with konnyaku noodles and sliced konnyaku cake for new years. It's readily available in the refrigerated section of your neighborhood asian grocery - you might want to try it out, if only for the experience. --Albert Rob Nicholson wrote:saw this episode years ago and it took us a long time to find out what konjaku was, not until you had your konjacs. it looked like slimy tofu>>> alan_galloway@bellsou
+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.