IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Let's talk commercial mixes, eh?
From: Susan B honeybunny442 at yahoo.com> on 2005.12.20 at 21:55:44(13636)
Scott mentioned verminiculte holding water but perlite does too. Years ago I had a small plastic bin of perlite, about 9x12 inches (sorry Wilbert) and about 4 inches deep. In a fit of absentmindedness I poured some water into it instead of a potted plant. As an experiment, I dumped out as much water as I could and then left it in the summer sun, figuring it would dry since the perlite is so porous. Well all those little pores held water and that perlite never did dry, it did develop a nice green mold which grew nicely until I threw the entire mess away. Ever since then I've been leery of mix recipes that call for a lot of perlite to keep the mixture from becoming too moist.__________________________________________________Do You Yahoo!?Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com _______________________________________________
Aroid-l mailing list
Aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.