IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Dracontium amazonense
From: "D. Scott Taylor" staylor at brevardparks.com> on 2006.03.29 at 20:23:27(14011)
Hello all: I have growing the above species for a few years and can't quite figure out patterns of dormancy.? My larger tuber (flowering age) goes dormant in the fall, but many of the smaller ones do not.? Growth declines in the fall, the petioles collapse, but remain green and cannot be pulled from the tuber, and then new growth resumes in warmer weather: so there is no real dormancy.? I am in central Florida.? Any ideas/insights?dstOn Mar 29, 2006, at 12:15 PM, Denis Rotolante wrote: We have grown P. verrucosum in the nursery but never any large numbers. Like so many plants which originate in a cloud forest type environment it does not appreciate our Summer heat and always grows much better in the cooler Fall Winter and Spring Months. In the summer it stops growing and just stares back at you when you walk by. It is hard to root the cuttings so we lay the vines out on a tray of chopped sphagnum moss so they can grow roots at the nodes into the sphagnum. ? Denis ___________________________________________
+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.