IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron ID?
From: Tom Vincze philofan at philodendron.org> on 2006.05.20 at 06:26:54(14237)
This looks to me like the self-heading p. "Show Boat", which is a sport of p. xanadu. I have one indoors and it makes a robust plant, a fast grower and not fussy. It looks really impressive as it grows and the trunk lengthens.Here is a description:http://montereybaynsy.com/P.htm?Showboat? -- on left, compared to Xanadu on right -- a compact landscape type similar to P. selloum, it is a sport of ?Xanadu.? Grows to about 4' tall and handles sun better than its sport parent. It grows more upright and the leaves also get larger, to about 18" tall under favorable conditions (shade, moisture, fertilizer). Like its parent, it seems to handle frost about like P. selloum, around 20?F or USDA zone 9/Sunset zone 15 and higher. Best with shade to part sun, regular watering and feeding, and at least average drainage. It will tolerate some dryness when established and always makes a great, compact outdoor container alternative to P. selloum. rev 8/02Regards,Tom Vincze Hello all?I purchased a nice probably very common Phil
+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.