IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] stabilization of large pots
From: "D. Scott Taylor" staylor at brevardparks.com> on 2006.07.06 at 12:59:55(14385)
Good Morning:? I was wondering if any of you enlightened growers have a simple remedy for the ongoing problem of my Amorphophallus pots in larger pots (7-20 gal) being prone to 'tipping' over once the large leaves develop.? The plants are so top-heavy that anytime there is a strong breeze or even heavy rain, the pots tend to tip over, damaging the plants and spilling out soil/fertilizer.? Short of driving a stake next to each pot and tying them off, I don't know what to do?Thanksdst D. Scott Taylor, Ph.D. Central Region Land Manager Brevard County Environmentally Endangered Lands Program 5560 N. US 1 Melbourne, Florida 32940 V: 321.255.4466 FAX 321.255.4499 email: staylor@brevardparks.com www.eelbrevard.com _______________________________________________
Aroid-l mailing list
Aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.