IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] stabilization of large pots
From: "D. Scott Taylor" staylor at brevardparks.com> on 2006.07.11 at 16:39:30(14417)
Hi Tony: Thanks for the comment.. I know that you folks there are experts at amorphs.. do you think that it is the physical movement of the petioles themselves that strengthens them?? My problem is more the entire pot tipping over, however, not petiole strength.dstOn Jul 7, 2006, at 5:45 PM, Tony Avent wrote: Scott: I think you will find the key to amorph. stabilization in containers is as simple as providing good air movement.? Without it, the cell walls of the stalks never strengthen enough to stand up straight.? I have seen countless potted collections with this same problem.? Where we grow ours with good air movement, they stand up fine.? A small recirculating fan will work wonders, or you can strengthen the stems with a regular vigorous shaking...although the family may find that a bit kinky. Tony Avent
Plant Delights Nursery @
Juniper Level Botanic Garden
9241 Sauls Road
+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.