IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] GA3 treatments on aroids
From: "Petra Schmidt" petrabot at gmail.com> on 2006.09.24 at 14:40:36(14637)
Hi Brian...long time, I know...the GA3 treatment to induce flowering can be a trial in itself, finding the right concentration and application periods. I treated Anthurium sect. Pachyneurium plants (in the research collection of Dr. Tom Croat) way back in the late 80s and had some success. We found that a few species actually continued setting flower spikes for many months before settling back into their natural cycle. There are some very good articles written by Dr. Jake Henny regarding this topic and are probably listed in the aroid-l index or in Tom's aroid literature compilation on the IAS website. Anyway, good luck with the project. Petra

On 9/23/06, Brian Williams wrote:
Well early this spring I put Gibberellic Acid on a few aroids thatpeople have been trying to ID for years. One plant was Xanthosoma Albo
marginata or micky mouse plant. So far no sign of a flower spike. I alsoput this chemical on Alocasia Hilo Beauty. My plant was already fairlymature and is around 4 feet tall now. I was checking today and I now see
a flag leaf which usually is followed by blooms. I went out earlier andtheir is another growth coming out of the stem of the flag leaf it lookslike a bloom to me but I will not be able to tell for sure for at least
a few days.Julius I know you have a lot of interest in finally getting a ID tothis plant. I hope to take some detailed photos if this is indeed aflower and I would like to send the flower off to be looked at. I would

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.