IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Plants that glow in the dark.
From: a san juan kalim1998 at yahoo.com> on 2006.09.25 at 04:39:09(14641)
using luciferase genes on transgenic plants is usually done for research purposes (e.g. to determine the expression of certain genes that a researcher might be studying), and this has been done for many years already - in fact, might have been a decade already. i'm surprised no one has been creating commercial plants using this until now. i'm not sure how stable the transmission of this gene would be to progenies though...Brian Williams wrote: At the aroid show. I was talking to Homes from Thailand about my canna breeding. He was telling me how cannas were considered weeds in Thailand and that they have been used in research for other plants using Gamma rays to create mutations. Sense cannas can flower in one years time they seem to be the best to test out. After looking this up on the
+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.