IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] mardy's big aroids
From: john s smolowe johnssmolowe at pacbell.net> on 2006.10.24 at 03:11:31(14762)
mardy called to say these 3 are indeed indoors, in his pool house. so that explains their frost tolerance. but i still say they look amazing. i grow a. veitchii and a. waroqueanum in my greenhouse, and i thought mine were pretty til i saw these pictures. twice as big and perfect leaves! how do you get perfect leaves anyway?!? makes me smile and think of the perfect dogs in "best in show."? well, mine are still pretty. i'll just reassure mine that they can be proud they're distant cousins of mardy's anthuriums. maybe they'll glow with the association.john sgreat photos, great plants. is that mardy darian? if so, i am amazed he can grow those aroids outside in vista (near san diego)! it gets into the low 30s! also speaks to his success humidifying the microclimate under his palm overstory,? cause it's almost desert in vista. congratulations!john sMardy wants to share his happy results in growing Anthurium veitchii, warocqueanum and an unknown. Any ideas on the unidentified one would be appreciated.? bantahttp:
+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.