IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l]
From: "Agoston Janos" agoston.janos at citromail.hu> on 2006.11.23 at 10:18:28(14843)
But Marek, This is not Schwarzwalder. Did you bought it from De Ree Bloembollen B.V.? They sold a variety with schwarzwalder picture, but it was sold under the bane Black Beuty, and a look alike Zanthadeschia grew out from it, but some were Black Eyed Beauty...If you would check the pictures on my site (4 real Schwarzwalder) you coul dee the differences: http://viraghagymasz.hu/fajok/zanthadeschia.htmPictures are not the best, but the variety is true to name! nd are reduced, to avoid picture theft. (not you, but for many others)-- Eredeti üzenet --Feladó: abri1973@wp.plCímzett: Discussion of aroids Másolat: Elküldve: 2006.11.22 17:26Téma: Re: [Aroid-l] "black" zantedeschiasThe cultivar 'Schwarzwalder' has almost black spathes, but its leaves don't look like rehmannii, they are sagittate and spotted like in Z. elliottiana. A photo attached. Marek ----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Marak" To: "Aroid list" oid-l@gizmoworks.com> Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2006 8:40 AM Subject: [Aroid-l] "black" zantedeschias >I keep forgetting to ask about this .... > > A few weeks ago I was wandering through a local warehouse club (Sam's). > They > had an arrangement of the most impressive black zantedeschias I've ever > seen. > > They weren't truly black, of course, but easily the darkest I've ever > seen, > looking black from any distance at all and without any lighter edge. And > in a > lot of the darker varieties I've seen, the spathes haven't been that > large - > looked like lots of rehmannii in them, to me, from the size and shape. But > these had larger spathes with a more open shape. I thought they were > artificial > until I was within a couple of meters, and I had to scratch them to be > sure > they weren't painted or otherwise artifically colored somehow. > > The distributor rep happened to be there, and said they were grown either > in > Costa Rica or Columbia - she wasn't sure which, and didn't know
+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.