IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Natural Hybrid/ Alocasia cucullata (Lour) G. Don
From: Dan Levin <levin at pixar.com> on 2007.03.30 at 16:42:35(15534)
Folks,I highly suspect you'll find the Alocasia cucullata clone which Tony Avent hasunder cultivation in North Carolina (available thru PDN) to be of great interest.Please see: http://www.plantdelights.com/Catalog/Current/Detail/04795.htmlLook familiar-?!!I was so convinced a layout error had occurred when I first came across thisimage that I sent Tony an email, about a month ago, suggesting someone hadswapped his images of A. cucullata and A. odora. Here follows Tony's reply*:"I checked the images and believe it or not, they are not reversed. Our oldest clumps of A. cucculata changed appearance dramatically as they matured to look more like a dwarf clump of A. odora that what we typically think of as A. cucculata. We were quite surprised, but the two photos of A. cuculata are the same clone...just several years apart. If you look close you'll see few immature leaves toward the top and note that even the mature leaves still have the characteristic tw
+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.