IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Spider Mites
From: ALLAN TETZLAFF <atetzlaff at rogers.com> on 2007.04.26 at 01:04:38(15593)
I left out this in my comments - only referring to chemical solutions. If you can get the predatory mites, that's a far safer solution both for your plants, yourself, and the environment.....Alistair Hay wrote: Predatiory mites known as 'persimilis' are extremely effective. I had the worst outbreak of spider mites I have ever seen in my shadehouse, nursery stock and garden last (Aust) summer and they cleared up the lot in a few weeks. I still haven't seen a single spider mite after 5 months. In terms of safety, effort, result and cost they are far more effective than any spray! From: "Michael Marcotrigiano" Reply-To: Discussion of aroids To: "Aroid-L" Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Spider MitesDate: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 16:00:53 -0400>They like low humidity. That is one of the main reasons they build up.>There are chemical miticides if
+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.