IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Anthurium pallidiflorum
From: mikekerlin at netscape.net on 2007.05.04 at 15:53:34(15629)
I have an Anthurium pallidiflorum which had never bloomed since I got it. I shocked it this winter by placing it in a very cold window- too cold really- but it produced 4 inflorescences in the following 2 months. BUT the female flowers never produced any droplets along the spadices, although the inflorescences did produce scent and turn yellow, while producing lots of pollen. As a result, I got no berries. Does anyone know why the plant wouldn't produce the droplets, (like maybe I let it warm up too much when the blooms were active) or if this is what is supposed to happen with this species? Or is it an obligate out-crosser or something? Thanks, Mike Kerlin

Check Out the new free AIM(R) Mail -- 2 GB of storage and industry-leading spam and email virus protection.

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.