IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Re: Arlan`s Philo. adamantinum
From: a san juan <kalim1998 at yahoo.com> on 2007.05.09 at 03:57:12(15662)
Hmmm...now i'm not so sure what it is...it's very leathery and shiny, and the distance to the midrib is identical from end to end....http://www.blueboard.com/pahatan/gambar/images/2007_5_8_d5734.jpga san juan wrote: No problem....let me take a pic and post it....Julius Boos wrote: From : a san juan Reply-To : Discussion of aroids Sent : Monday, May 7, 2007 3:14 AMTo : aroid-l@gizmoworks.comSubject : Re: [Aroid] I.D.'ing some Meconostigmas ex: BrazilDear Arlan,This is good news! Please send me a jpeg/photo of a leaf of the plant in question!!Also,
check my 'key' below, as some/most of the plants that grew from seed labeled as P. adamantinum and P. saxicolum grew to be 'something' close to P. bipinnatifidum/'selloum', but are deff. NOT P. adamantinium or P. saxicolum! I just received a photo of one such plant, and I will forward it to you after this.Also check my 'key' (below)---- in P. adamantinum, the distance from the BOTTOM of the sinuses (divisions) when measured to the mid rib DECREASES as you measure them from the tip of the anterior division up towards the petiole juncture, while exactly the OPPOSITE is true of any P. bipinnatifidium-type plant. Check and tell me what you see in YOUR plant ex: Brian Williams!Bear in mind that we should EXPECT the plants grown for seed of P. bipinnatifidium to vary from each other, and especially when compared to any plant of P. bipinnatifidium in the U.S.A., the reasoning being that presumably ALL P.
+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.