IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Thyphonium nubicum vs Typhonium venosum 'IndianGiant'?
From: agoston.janos at citromail.hu (Jan Agoston) on 2007.08.25 at 08:36:34(16161)

Hi All,

I have the "seldom spotted" here at home, but it didn't flowered yet. It was purchased as Sauromatum punctatum, which was told by experts, that it is only a form of the T. venosum. For me it is smaller than the others (T. venosum and "Sauromatum guttatum" which are also synonims, which is true, cause they were cross pollinated and now the fruits are ripening), but the leaw segments were wider, and also less segmented. The others were around 90 cm (~3 feet) high. Well of course we have had an unusuall hot and wet summer, often chanageable, which may have influence on the plants.

Unfortunately they are now in a rest so no more foliage for this year...

My opinion is that this is just a form of the Ty. venosum, not a cultivar. Cultivar for me means that it was breed by somebody.

Bye,
Jan

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.