IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] unusual Anthurium berry
From: Steve at ExoticRainforest.com (ExoticRainforest) on 2007.09.10 at 22:34:59(16261)

Derek,

I just checked the photos of the Mexican Anthurium again and the spadices don't match Dr. Gon?alves comment the spadices of Anthurium schlechtendalii should be longer than the peduncle. If you check the photos I'm attaching again the peduncle appears to be approximately of equal length to the spadix.

I realize I may chasing my tail on this one. It may well be a hybrid or a variation, but I just can't make a significant number of details match to Dr. Croat's description. And I've read it about four or five times now. It doesn't match Anthurium cubense well either! And the seeds are viable. I think we need to buy the Doc a lap top with an internet link to a satellite!!

Steve Lucas

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.