IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Anthurium faustomirandae
From: Steve at ExoticRainforest.com (ExoticRainforest) on 2007.09.23 at 12:13:25(16321)
Again, I need some help from any and all of you aroid collectors out there! I need a good photo of a fully adult Anthurium faustomirandae to illustrate the article in the link below. I'll gladly give you credit in the piece for your help. I also need input as to just how large you may have been able to get this species to grow in your collection. The literature I've found indicates typical size is around 2 feet (60cm) but Julius has seen blades up to 4 feet (1.2 meters).

The reason for the confusion is this plant is commonly sold as the "world's largest" Anthurium. That is highly suspect since Anthurium regale can produce a 6 foot (1.8 meter) leaf in the wild and I just saw Anthurium cubense in Miami with an 8 foot leaf (2.4 meter). Even if you limit it to cordate leaf specimens Anthurium regale would still be the largest.

And by the way, since I suspect some will wish to point out my spelling is incorrect, I have verified the spelling on both TROPICOS and IPNI. Many websites have this plant up under a large number of misspelled names. The spelling I use is the one Dr. Croat published the plant under which he verified on Aroid l as correct several years ago.

You can send the photos directly to me or to Aroid l and I'll grab them. Please just be sure and indicate it is OK for me to reproduce the photo on the internet. Really do appreciate the input!

http://www.exoticrainforest.com/Anthurium%20faustomirandae%20pc.html

Thanks!

Steve Lucas

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.