IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] 2nd Annual Aroid show? CA Imports
From: ecuador10 at comcast.net (Betsy Feuerstein) on 2007.10.13 at 01:14:15(16477)
I suspect that few commercial growers are willing to take the risk to ship into California without the paperwork with all legalities on the dotted line. They have far too much to risk to take this risk. I think Denis has already stated this in his comments about his nursery. Now there may be some commercial growers out there who ship into California on a regular basis but usually not on a large commercial shipment level. It is one thing to send a box to CA and quite something else to send boxes of plants on a commercial level. Also consider the cost of sending such material all the way to CA from the east coast. Would people be willing to pay the extra cost? Who would take that risk and who would put that money up on the front end with little guarantee that there would not be a loss. Denis has done this for years with the Miami show but I do not see him with the added risks of a meeting elsewhere. I am playing the devil's advocate but I do think you need to seriously contemplate the work, the difficulties,
and the financial aspects of doing any of this.

Betsy

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.