IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Anthurium seeds
From: Steve at ExoticRainforest.com (ExoticRainforest) on 2007.10.19 at 15:36:21(16549)
Just traded email with the Anthurium grower in South Africa who has had a few seeds to sell. He doesn't even grow the majority of specimens that are being offered! Those seeds on eBay didn't come from him. And he believes he is the only Anthurium grower in that part of the world! Something tells me the "seeds came from South Africa" is just a cover story. I have given several people information on how to contact this collector and this eBay seller may have been one of them. I get emails daily from people who want to buy seeds as do many of you.

This increasingly looks like a scam to me. I won't name the plant since we've talked about it on this forum before and I have no way of knowing if the seller in Turkey is monitoring this board right now. I don't want to tip them off. But that Anthurium I asked about that was on the cover of Aroideana in the late 1980's that everyone was looking for? The one Ron has? She says she is selling seeds for it! Could be, but somehow I doubt it!

And by the way, the South African collector is part of this board!

Steve Lucas

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.