IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Anthurium seeds
From: honeybunny442 at yahoo.com (Susan B) on 2007.10.25 at 04:42:53(16605)
about this. I can't tell you how many dollars have padded my pockets for rare seeds that I would like to see fall into someone's hands who knows what they are doing. But, no. They go to Susie in Middle America who has a few dollars to spend and wants something different than her spider plant.

Susie in Mid America is everyone's favorite buyer. There is a saying in the US- "Midwest Nice" because we are, well, nice. Non assertive. Non confrontational.
Go ahead, you can say it- Stupid. a "sucker"
We let sellers sell us expensive, crap plants that are half dead, and let them talk us into keeping them. Even if we have other plants like it and we know the plant is no good. If it is a bulb plant, it can linger for a long time in a terminal state before it is DEAD DEAD. Then it is too late to get money returned.

Right, let the buyer beware!! ha.

A woman on another email list grew a Wollemi for 8 months and when she killed it, demanded another plant from the seller- and got it!
She was NOT from the Midwest.

Susan (don't call me Susie) from the Midwest.

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.