IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Dracontium prancei questions and answers .
From: plantguy at zoominternet.net (Daniel Devor) on 2007.11.26 at 14:01:15(16738)
Thanks George and Michael,

This is definately the easiest species I have tried (even easier and a much nicer plant than polyphyllum for me) of the Dracontium. For anyone in a non-hospitable climate I can recommend this species as one to try if you have not had success with Dracontium. I grow it for the winter in front of a south facing window is all here in zone 6a.

It is just starting a new growth now (maybe 1 m tall so far, but the leaf has not yet begun to really inflate) so maybe next spring I will repot (I rarely repot so have only seen the tuber once since I got it from you Michael). I get a new petiole about once every 4-6 months now that it is a bit more mature. I've also noticed that the new growth does not come out looking like a sheppards hook like the other species I have, but instead comes out pointing straight up, but perhaps this is a curiosity of only my plant and not the species? Next time I repot if the babies have some roots I will cut a couple off and see if they grow well for me!!

Thanks for all of the suggestions,

Dan

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.