IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] FW: RE: Aroids in Art
From: ju-bo at msn.com (ju-bo at msn.com) on 2007.11.28 at 11:32:58(16755)
From: aroid-l-bounces at gizmoworks.com on behalf of hermine (hermine at endangeredspecies.com)
Sent: Sun 11/25/07 5:20 PM
Reply-to: Discussion of aroids (aroid-l at gizmoworks.com)
To: Discussion of aroids (aroid-l at gizmoworks.com); Discussion of aroids (aroid-l at gizmoworks.com)

Dear Deni and Friends,

I am posting the note (below) which I had sent to Hermine off-l, she claims that it contains enough ''scholarly'' and important information that it NEEDS to be on aroid-l, so here goes, and to any prudes ''out there'', bring on the heat!!
Deni, I certainly do hope that someone can find a way to post the illustration from Edward Lear`s book of silly limricks, or that you can find a way to scan it from your copy for our viewing pleasure. What an interesting topic!
Geoff, thanks for the tip on the availabilty of that book of victorian illustrations.
There is a copy of one of these modern comic books 'out there' in which in the wonderfully artistic illustrations done in beautiful color, the art depicts an alien ''being'' who is drawn as a VERY recognisable bloom belonging to the Araceae, and who seduces a beautiful young woman!! I sent copies to a collector of aroid art some years ago!

The Best,

Julius

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.